Friday 24 August 2012

Weather weather weather

We've had all sorts of weather today - my worst is the blustery wind across wide fields
And we had all sorts of roads today - my worst are busy N-roads (with blustery wind). But my favourite roads are the little hilly winding roads that no one knows about. We've seen some most stunning landscape. I especially loved a deep gorge with the narrow rickety steel bridge that I would have had severe doubts about drive a car over.
There was a fabulous section of road that winded downhill with views for miles over The French countryside. We could see cloud covered hills to the east and sun covers fields to the west. And inbetween a glorious rainbow - and we were heading right for the end of it :-) I wish we'd stopped for photos.

My bike seems to be holding up. I don't want to tempt fate so won't say any more.

I'm not sure how many miles we've covered today. It was brewing up a massive thunder storm when we arrived at the campsite this evening and the only thing on our minds was to get the tent up fast - which we did at a rather impressive and professional rate.
We are now all in our respective tents listening to the dripping rain - that's good, right? It means it's not pouring rain any more

No comments:

Post a Comment