Saturday 25 August 2012

Camping

Someone asked me what camping gear I was carrying on the scooter.
I carry "accomodation" But not "facilities" - stuff for sleeping but not for feeding (there are plenty of bars for that)
My front rack holds my clothes. My rear rack holds my camping gear. Both in waterproof boat-bags.

For camping I use a Vango Banshee 200 tent (allegedly a 2-man tent but you'd have to be very friendly), a lightweight sleeping bag, a sleeping bag liner, a Higear inflatable mattress, and a high gear micro pillow - job done. It's nice to feel that you can carry your house in a shopping bag but it really is a labour of love. It's very small in here, I can feel a little claustrophobic.

Lorne on the other hand loves camping and is sleeping in a one man tent (about the size of a canoe) with a self invented tarp fly sheet over his tent and motorbike.

I think I've got better at camping over the past 4 days. I'm faster and more organised at set up and knock down and I'm better at temperature regulation and space management. I think the whole thing about camping is practice and experiential learning

No comments:

Post a Comment